Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Eclipse!!!

I'm very excited that I have tickets for Eclipse for Debbie, Frank?, Darin and me the day BEFORE the opening of the movie, June 29th at 9pm, not MIDNIGHT! Again, I owe this to my dear sister-in-law Deb for knowing people in high places that have the means to rent out entire theaters for friends and family!



What this means: door prizes, walking in casually a half hour before the movie starts, no lines and the excitement shared with freaks at the same level as you! This is the door prize I received last year. I have caught at least 6 people taking pictures of it while stopped at stop lights and one woman who asked permission in a grocery store parking lot.



I'm so very excited and have been tempted to purchase yet another tee representing this newest movie from Hot Topic, but since it isn't a great example for our financial goals, I will have to wear one of the other twenty shirts I have that are Twilight related.


I know there are those who are tired of the Twilight Saga drama, but since I read the books two years ago next month for the first time, the smells, sounds and sunshine bring me back to the first time I picked up Stephenie Meyer's book. And all else dissolves away into the excitement that I felt with the first taste of a conservative vampire book. 



Since then, I have read probably close to 50 vamp books to try and satiate my thirst, to no avail. I have come to the conclusion that there are vamp books, and then there are Stephenie Meyer vamp books! I just look to the day when Midnight Sun will be released - spurring the insistence that Meyer continue all four books from Ed's perspective. Until then, the movies will have to do.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I can't remember the witty comment I tried to post last night. Shame.

I think we know each other well enough that I can give an opposing opinion...

Midnight Sun??? When will the insanity stop??

Ok, I'm done. And I hope you have a super fantastic time at the movie! Poor men being dragged to those things...

Followers