Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Education


I obviously haven't been blogging enough, because I logged onto my blog and saw my Christmas countdown and almost had a mental breakdown!

So, folks, I'm returning to UVU Spring Semester 2010. It starts January 6th. Just in time for me to return from Christmas vacation. I've reapplied and been accepted and applied for financial aid, so I guess that means it's official.

I'm so happy and excited that I've finally found an area of study that I love enough that I will use practically in every day life. Wait for it. . .wait for it. . .I'm going to get my degree in Social Work! I have realized as a foster mom, adoptive mom, peer parent (contracted through DCFS) and Facilitator for the Strengthening Families Program (contracted through DCFS and Wasatch Mental Health), that I love working with children, adults and families in therapy environment. I've been so happy these past few months doing what I've been doing, that it just makes sense to further my education in the same field I'm already working in.

I look forward to the opportunities this degree will open for me. I love helping people and I absolutely love watching people change and improve their lives for the better. This degree will provide me with an alternative to working in retail management (thank heavens) if anything were to happen to us financially or if Darin was to have an accident or pass away. It's a good alternative to missing every holiday with my beautiful children, working.

5 comments:

Marcy Kestner said...

Way to go Holly. No regrets here. I graduate in Feb. Congrats & Good Luck!

Cassie said...

Congrats! You're joining the rest of us crazies...

Dixon Devils said...

True story Cassie! I've always been crazy anyhow, right? HJD

Heidi said...

Hold on to your hat it is hard to be in school and have a full time job (being a Mom!) best of luck

Dixon Devils said...

Just taking Intro to Social Work and Psychology this semester. No big deal. It helps that Darin is such a awesome PARTNER. He helps out so much with the house, kids and everything else.

Followers