Thursday, November 12, 2009

Vampires


Darin asked me tonight in bed if I was sick of reading vampire books yet. I looked up from Anne Rice's The Vampire Lestat and rebuked him that I can't get enough! I really enjoyed Interview with the Vampire, although I found it pretty depressing - in a good way. Poor Louis. But as I'm beginning the first pages of the second book in The Vampire Chronicles, it's so animated and energetic from Lestat's perspective. Any of you who haven't read it, don't be afraid. No sex, no relations at all. In Rice's world vampires don't feel anything but the need to drink. It consumes them, and any other pleasure from their human experience is felt during the kill. If Edward would've lived in this world, he would've drained Bella straight away and then mourned it for the rest of his existence, as Luis always did.

I've burned through so many vamp novels and am coming to a close. I will read all of the series of Rice and Vamp Chronicles, however, like the vampires I have a great need to be satiated with more! If you know of any other good vamp novel, please share. I've read about Ed & Bella of course, Sookie Stackhouse, Anita Blake and Louis, Lestat and Armand. Any others?

Thanks!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I had no idea... :)

Followers